Username Password: Remember me

IRC / the airlock / Coldfront connection issues
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: IRC / the airlock / Coldfront connection issues

IRC / the airlock / Coldfront connection issues 7 months, 2 weeks ago #4598

• Fade2po
  • Premium Supporter
For last few weeks i've been unable to connect to irc. The in browser one fails to open in chrome, and edge (which i never use).
I've downloaded mirc, but seems it cant connect to coldfront In addition ingame just displays :

This site can’t be reached theairlock.net refused to connect.
Try:

Checking the connection
Checking the proxy and the firewall
ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

.. I also tried using icechat but when i attempt to connect to coldfront...

ERROR: Socket Exception Error: A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 80.94.68.70:6667

So im guessing coldfront is down and all eve irc chat passes through it. ??

Or is just me and in that case help

Re: IRC / the airlock / Coldfront connection issues 7 months, 1 week ago #4599

• Fade2po
  • Premium Supporter
Is irc fine for others? Keep hearing jj saying nobody is there when he uses it. So presume others effected.
Is there an alternative to coldfront?

Re: IRC / the airlock / Coldfront connection issues 7 months, 1 week ago #4600

• Fade2po
  • Premium Supporter
OK...

Got it working / sort of..
after asking around in mibbit help (ty herc, person in channel)

i found a page : h t t p : //en.irc2go .com/webchat/?net=TheAirlock&room=eve-radio&app=1 (delete spaces)

from there i've clicked on the 'app chat' then it fired up mirc. after the pratting around with bypassing the registration, (select register, then close the browser window and click continue in mirc) it asked if i wanted to set servers or something.. i simply clicked 'ok' and volla i can now see in channel everyone.

Failing that, in mirc, select 'file' > 'select server' > add > then in address 'irc://irc.theairlock.net:6667' (delete port if showing below it) > ok, then when the mIRC favourites window pops up, click on 'add' and type in '#eve-radio' in channel name and then click on 'join'

Then revisiting page, select 'favourites' > 'history' > 'irc.theairlock.net' > '#eve-radio'

hopefully this will help anyone else who cant connect or me in the future when i do something to my pc.
Last Edit: 7 months, 1 week ago by Fade2po.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.12 seconds