Wednesday Feb 19
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Paypal (Again)

Paypal (Again) 8 years, 6 months ago #2064

• Niveau
Hi,

someone else hasnt asked this and i didnt see this.

I'd love to sign up for premium BUT Paypal offers only the possibility to pay via Paypal/Credit Card.
As i dont have a credit card (and my boss would frown upon using my company issued one), this isnt feasible option.

Is there any possibility to allow paying via Paypal/Direct Debit?

Thx,
Niv.

Re: Paypal (Again) 8 years, 6 months ago #2065

• Diaego
  • Management Team
Hi there,

Thanks for the question.

Yes, unfortunately, for a recurring subscription, PayPal requires that you have an active credit card on file. We are currently investigating the option to allow international bank transfer. However, this will likely only be available to those who are paying for a 1 year subscription (because of the manual work involved would cost more than the monthly subscription fee!).

I'm not sure where you live, but at least here in the UK you can obtain prepaid 'credit cards' over the counter in most newsagents (the ones that display the PayPoint sign). These don't require a credit check (as no credit is involved - you preload the card with cash), but allow you to pay anywhere that accepts Visa and Mastercard. That includes PayPal, but also most other online retailers.

If you take a look here: www.money.co.uk/prepaid-cards.htm this will give you an overview of some cards available in the UK.

I hope this helps.
Ross / "Diaego"
Founder
EVE-Radio.com

Re: Paypal (Again) 8 years, 6 months ago #2066

• Niveau
from my ebay-experiences there isnt any difference in receiving a creditcard payed paypal transaction to a direct debbit payed one...
that may be different from country to country though.

real international bank transfers via IBAN/SWIFT are a different matter, true.

Re: Paypal (Again) 8 years, 6 months ago #2067

• Diaego
  • Management Team
You are correct, there is no different to a credit or debit card transaction as far as PayPal is concerned. Either will work fine, but you must have some form of card on file for the recurring billing to work. This is the same with the prepaid cards I mentioned above.

IBAN/SWIFT based transfers are what we're looking in to accepting at the moment. For our UK based members, we're also looking in to standard BACS transfers.
Ross / "Diaego"
Founder
EVE-Radio.com

Re: Paypal (Again) 8 years, 6 months ago #2068

• Niveau
Ok strange.

i can pay shops like brokengem(lol) via paypal/directdebit with billing working.
it doesnt work with ER though.

Re: Paypal (Again) 8 years, 6 months ago #2069

• Diaego
  • Management Team
This is because PayPal require a valid debit or credit card for their "subscription" based recurring billing. If we were taking 1 single payment (not recurring), then PayPal would let you pay us using bank transfer.

I'm not 100% sure on the reason behind this, but I think it's down to the time to process the transaction. For subscription payments, it needs to go through instantly. Bank transfers can take up to a week to complete. We have had someone who managed to pay with a bank transfer (eCheque) through PayPal (I guess they must have had an active credit card on file). However, their subscription remained in-activate because of the 5 day processing time for PayPal (so we don't receive the funds for that amount of time).
Ross / "Diaego"
Founder
EVE-Radio.com
Last Edit: 8 years, 6 months ago by Diaego.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Niveau

Re: Paypal (Again) 8 years, 6 months ago #2070

• Niveau
ah.
i missed the subscription part.

Re: Paypal (Again) 8 years, 6 months ago #2087

• Wolfrages
  • Premium Supporter
I had paypal setup before they had there little (required) credit card thing. just added a side bank account and left it...had it like that for about 2 years.
Then everytime i signed in after, It would b!tch at me about addding a credit card...still use the account...still havn't added a credit card
Last Edit: 8 years, 6 months ago by Wolfrages.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.19 seconds