Wednesday Feb 19
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Double Donations

Double Donations 8 years, 1 month ago #2423

• Corrak
  • Premium Supporter
I like being a premium suscriber but for some reaon you guys keep billing me twice a month. Once on the 17th and then again on the 20th. Can this be corrected?

Re: Double Donations 8 years ago #2429

• MrBlades
  • Management Team
That doesn't seem likely but if you raise a ticket with billing they will be able to investigate it and work out fully what's going on and resolve it.
MrBlades
Director
EVE-Radio.com

Re: Double Donations 8 years ago #2431

• Corrak
  • Premium Supporter
It may sound unlikely but I assure you it happened. I have taken a screen capture of Dec. and Jan. on paypal and will share that with billing to see what can be done to fix it. Although I must confess I don't know how to contact billing.

(Update) I sent off an email to the address listed under contacts with the heading "Attn. Biliing"
Last Edit: 8 years ago by Corrak.

Re: Double Donations 8 years ago #2432

• MrBlades
  • Management Team
I've assigned the tickets to Diaego direct since he deals with all the high level billing investigations and he should get back to you shortly.

Looking at the ticket and screenshot, the only thing which I can immediately think of without checking the direct transaction history (I can't do that) is that you may have (or had) a second account linked by a different email address to your primary Paypal pay account and for one reason or another changed or switched site accounts at some point and not terminated the previous premium subscription.

I'll dig in the user manager and see if theres anything in place which further suggests this otherwise we'll have to wait for Diaego to check the paper trail and get a definitive explanation.
MrBlades
Director
EVE-Radio.com

Re: Double Donations 8 years ago #2436

• Corrak
  • Premium Supporter
Thanks for looking into it Blades. I'll wait patiently while Diaego looks into the matter. I may have had another account at some point but not recently at least not since Aug. Though I admit I have had a few drunken nights where I had issues logging in and who knows what I may have done wrong.
Last Edit: 8 years ago by Corrak.

Re: Double Donations 8 years ago #2437

• Diaego
  • Management Team
Hi Corrak,

I've been looking in to this for you. Sorry it has taken a little while, PayPal reporting tools are less than helpful if you want to go back further than 90 days.

I think I've figured out what has happened. It looks like you did signup for two subscriptions. You originally signed up on 17 June 2011, but then you created another subscription on 20 August. This could be because your credit card expired so you created a new subscription (which would update your PayPal details, including your old subscription). Either way, on 20th August, you created another subscription to Premium, which is why you have been 'double billed'.

Looking at your account history, you've made 5 duplicate payments under the additional subscription. Unfortunately, PayPal will only allow us to refund transactions up to 90 days old. Therefore, I have refunded 4 of the 5 overpayments. Unfortunately, the first payment was made over 90 days ago and I am unable to refund it (purely because of the PayPal limitations).

I will also email you directly with the details.

I hope this helps to resolve your query.
Ross / "Diaego"
Founder
EVE-Radio.com
Last Edit: 8 years ago by Diaego.

Re: Double Donations 8 years ago #2438

• Corrak
  • Premium Supporter
That's perfect Diaego, thank you for taking the time to look into the situation.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds