Username Password: Remember me

PayPal question (withdrawn)
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: PayPal question (withdrawn)

PayPal question (withdrawn) 7 years, 11 months ago #2465

• space_gator
  • Premium Supporter
Why the requirement for a paypal account to pay for my premium membership?

It used to be that you had an option at the payment screen to use either a debit/credit card or paypal at checkout - no longer, you have to use paypal.

I'd forgotten my old paypal password, and they wanted my full (old) cc# number to generate a new password which I no longer have.

Paypal informed me I could either set up a new email address and paypal account, or, get this: fax them my driver's license number and proof of residency and then it would take 3-5 days for them to approve.

C'mon, let us just support the radio station with our credit cards and not paypal!

I appreciate your timely thoughts on this matter as I strongly prefer not to use paypal.

Question withdrawn.
Last Edit: 7 years, 11 months ago by space_gator.

Re: Drop Paypal Requirement for Premium Membership!! 7 years, 11 months ago #2468

• QGazQ
  • Management Team
I do not know for sure, MrB or D will have to confirm or deny but I believe its because they are auto renewing subscriptions the identity needs to be confirmed and therefore it needs to be a proper paypal account.
I know we did have some issue with them not wanting to let us access the funds, so this might be why it had to change.
Or it might be something else.

Regards
QGazQ

Re: Drop Paypal Requirement for Premium Membership!! 7 years, 11 months ago #2469

• Diaego
  • Management Team
Gaz has basically answered the question.

To give you a bit more background - anyone that holds a valid debit or credit card worldwide can signup for a Premium Supporter account. What I'm about to say sounds harsh, but hear me out.... You are basically asking us to spend thousands of pounds investing in our own merchant processing system because you forgot your PayPal password and don't want to setup a new PayPal account or verify your account via fax / email.

If we set up our own payments system (i.e accept credit cards directly on our site over sending you to PayPal), we have to meet a multitude of industry standard security requirements (google PCI DSS and you'll see what I'm talking about). We take security seriously, whilst some organisations may take the easy option of setting up credit card processing on their web-site without meeting PCI DSS requirements - we absolutely will not. Therefore, to ensure the security of credit card details, we use PayPal to process these securely on our behalf. In addition, this also provides EVE-Radio with a certain amount of protection against fraudulent transactions.

Therefore, on balance, we think PayPal is a good thing, both for us and our listeners. I'm sorry you are not prepared to signup for a new PayPal account but, taking in to account the above, we hope you can understand why this is a necessary step.
Ross / "Diaego"
Founder
EVE-Radio.com

Re: Drop Paypal Requirement for Premium Membership!! 7 years, 11 months ago #2470

• space_gator
  • Premium Supporter
You are basically asking us to spend thousands of pounds investing in our own merchant processing system because you forgot your PayPal password and don't want to setup a new PayPal account or verify your account via fax / email.

I did no such thing.

I'm sorry you are not prepared to signup for a new PayPal account but, taking in to account the above, we hope you can understand why this is a necessary step.

If you'd actually taken a moment to look at my account or even this thread you would have noticed the little premium supporter icon above.

------------------------------------------------------------------
I'll provide a polite answer based on the information you supplied:

Dear space_gator,

Unfortunately, it's not feasible for us to invest in our own credit card processing system, and PayPal now requires an account to process payments made to us.

We value your support and hope you find a way to continue your premium membership.

Kind regards,
Diaego

Re: Drop Paypal Requirement for Premium Membership!! 7 years, 11 months ago #2471

• Gadrius
space_gator wrote:
You are basically asking us to spend thousands of pounds investing in our own merchant processing system because you forgot your PayPal password and don't want to setup a new PayPal account or verify your account via fax / email.

I did no such thing.

Indirectly you did just that.
----------------------------------------------------------------
I'll provide a polite answer based on the information you supplied:

Dear space_gator,

Unfortunately, it's not feasible for us to invest in our own credit card processing system, and PayPal now requires an account to process payments made to us.

We value your support and hope you find a way to continue your premium membership.

Kind regards,
Diaego

Typical corporate BS vague run around response. I for one actually respect the fact that Diaego (note: DIAEGO himself) actually took the time to fully explain and even provide a reference point so that we could actually research and fully understand the issue at hand.
Last Edit: 7 years, 11 months ago by Gadrius. Reason: Spelling errors

Re: Drop Paypal Requirement for Premium Membership!! 7 years, 11 months ago #2472

• space_gator
  • Premium Supporter
Question withdrawn, regret asking.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds