Username Password: Remember me

Paypal can't process my request
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Paypal can't process my request

Paypal can't process my request 7 years, 4 months ago #2754

• Borengar
Hi,

I'm trying to buy a premium membership over paypal since I don't have a credit card.
But the moment I log into paypal there is an error that PayPal can't process the request.
Paying for other sites like Steam, etc. is still possible, so the problem is how I pay for eve-radio. Is there no other way than paying with a credit card?
PayPal still seems to have some problems with recurring payments in germany.

Edit: The donate button works for me, so the problem seems to be the subscription.
Last Edit: 7 years, 4 months ago by Borengar.

Re: Paypal can't process my request 7 years, 4 months ago #2755

• OrphisB
Same here!
I´ve tried to subscribe the whole day through without any success. Hopefully they will fix this soon.

Re: Paypal can't process my request 7 years, 4 months ago #2756

• wiggles
I believe it is a problem with the banks in Germany not allowing recurring payments via pay pal, I'm not sure as I don't work on the back end but a quick bit of googling has told me that other services etc. have the same issues from Germany

Re: Paypal can't process my request 7 years, 4 months ago #2757

• SARGE
  • NOW ONLINE
  • EVE-Radio Staff
hey, so from what i can gather, and wiggles explain, it's a paypal-dont-do-this-kind-of-thing-from-germany issue ..

help.twitch.tv/customer/portal/questions...-paypal-from-germany

same thing as they're going on about, so kinda out of our hands.

this might help though . www.visaeurope.com/en/cardholders/prepaid.aspx .. prepaid visa card should maybe work.

good luck
The following user(s) said Thank You: Borengar

Re: Paypal can't process my request 7 years, 4 months ago #2758

• MrBlades
  • Management Team
We're going to spend tomorrow trying to get to the bottom of this issue and work out if it's a new issue or one that's unique to Germany.

Thanks for bringing it up and we'll post an update shortly.
MrBlades
Director
EVE-Radio.com

Re: Paypal can't process my request 7 years, 4 months ago #2759

• Borengar
Thanks for the quick reply. I will look into this prepaid visa card thing.
It just seems like my banks prepaid card costs a lot. Wirecard is a lot cheaper, but it's also kind of shady.
Maybe add a option for one year premium without the recurring payment. I would pay more if it's about the money management cost, since 35€ for one year of awesomeness is really low.
The following user(s) said Thank You: DawnDel

Re: Paypal can't process my request 7 years, 2 months ago #2790

• Borengar
Sorry for the doublepost, but I think I should give some feedback now that I'm premium
After some looking into this prepaid stuff I got a prepaid Mastercard from the Wirecard Bank AG.
Wirecard is a german bank that is focused on digital payment methods. You can find the mastercard here:
www.mywirecard.com/en/mastercard.html
Only cost is 1€ each time you transfer money to the mastercard. Everything else is basically free.
The mastercard takes 3-4 days until it's activated.
Thanks again DJ Sarge for the tip.

Re: Paypal can't process my request 7 years, 2 months ago #2791

• Tronnic
When I try to upgrade to Premium Supporter via PayPal I get this:

"At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to GRN Media Ltd and try another option."

Im also from germany.

Re: Paypal can't process my request 7 years, 2 months ago #2792

• MrBlades
  • Management Team
I'll give billing another prod about this. Thanks for letting us know.
MrBlades
Director
EVE-Radio.com

Re: Paypal can't process my request 7 years, 2 months ago #2793

• Borengar
"At this time, we are unable to process your request. Please return to GRN Media Ltd and try another option."

This was exactly the same error for me. Right now you need a credit card to subscribe to eve-radio. If you can spare 1€ for each deposit on the wirecard, use it.

Re: Paypal can't process my request 7 years, 2 months ago #2794

• Diaego
  • Management Team
Hello,

I'm afraid there's little we can do about this situation at the moment. PayPal require that you have a credit card on file in order to create the subscription. As long as you have a credit card on file with PayPal, you should have no problem. As others have said, a pre-paid Mastercard is an option.

Unfortunately, we are not aware of any cost effective solution in order to implement a separate payment system for our German members. We are, of course, happy to take suggestions if you are aware of anything - but they do need to be compatible with our current billing system (it wouldn't be cost effective to pay £1,000's to custom code a solution!).

Kind regards,

Ross / "Diaego"
Ross / "Diaego"
Founder
EVE-Radio.com

Re: Paypal can't process my request 7 years, 2 months ago #2795

• Tronnic
Diaego wrote:
Hello,

I'm afraid there's little we can do about this situation at the moment. PayPal require that you have a credit card on file in order to create the subscription. As long as you have a credit card on file with PayPal, you should have no problem. As others have said, a pre-paid Mastercard is an option.

Unfortunately, we are not aware of any cost effective solution in order to implement a separate payment system for our German members. We are, of course, happy to take suggestions if you are aware of anything - but they do need to be compatible with our current billing system (it wouldn't be cost effective to pay £1,000's to custom code a solution!).

Kind regards,

Ross / "Diaego"

Hello, I do have a Credit Card on file. I had exactly the same issue a long time ago. But I wont use it since its not mine. Its just there..

Re: Paypal can't process my request 6 years, 10 months ago #3015

• NamDnilb
Just a heads up. This no recurring payment in Germany via Paypal is still going on. The Paypal error message was the most pointless I've ever read. Anyway, I helped myself to a virtual Mastercard from wirecardbank.com, like someone recommended a some posts above. Took a couple of days to set up, but the process was pretty straightforward and the card seems to work fine. Premium is go!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.15 seconds