Re: Questions for MrB and Diaego 8 years, 8 months ago #603

• Wolfrages
  • Premium Supporter
Rumors of cake!

Any confirmation on this? I love cake! but i still think it's a lie

Re: Questions for MrB and Diaego 8 years, 7 months ago #2006

• Sabaticus
  • Premium Supporter
Hey guys got a problem. My selection bar at the top does not show the different categories and sub- catagories. It is blank but when I run the cursor over the blank header different areas show a higlight without description. By clicking on all the highligts I've been able to hear the music when clicking the last one and get the forums by clicking the second highlight. I just logged on to a laptop I haven't used in a couple of months and things were fine ( all categories and sub-categoies shoewd). Then I updated windows and one of the downloads was IE 9 and now the same condition now exists with the laptop as far as a header with no categories or subcategories. Is it something I need to tweak in IE9? I would appreciate any assistance. Thanks

Sabaticus

Re: Questions for MrB and Diaego 8 years, 7 months ago #2007

• MrBlades
  • Management Team
IE 9 is pure evil. You can run it in compatibility mode to get most site functionality back but if I were you I would just make the switch to Chrome, which is so vastly better for you that it should be made internet law for people to use it.

In native IE 9 not much works.
In compatibility mode some stuff works in IE 9.
In native FireFox most stuff works fine but it's horribly bloated and will eventually make you want to hang yourself.
In native Chrome, everything works as it is intended.
MrBlades
Director
EVE-Radio.com

Re: Questions for MrB and Diaego 8 years, 7 months ago #2019

• Sabaticus
  • Premium Supporter
Thanks for reply. Guess I'm an old fuddy duddy set in his ways. Guess it's time to expand my horizons and Chrome it. Wanted to get the site functional before I upgraded to Premium. Appreciate your help.

Sabaticus

Re: Questions for MrB and Diaego 8 years, 7 months ago #2020

• Diaego
  • Management Team
As another Chrome user, I can 100% recommend it over any other browser! You can download it here.

Hope to see you as a Premium user soon!
Ross / "Diaego"
Founder
EVE-Radio.com

Re: Questions for MrB and Diaego 8 years, 7 months ago #2027

• Bubbus
  • Premium Supporter
My internet conn got looked at a week ago and those wizards at Sky were able to fix my 7kb/s problem. At least while the city's kids aren't clogging the tubes with youtube vids of cats falling over - during peak times the net crawls. Since I've been able to actually listen to ER, I felt I should give something back. Have my monthly pint money, you guys deserve more.

Two questions about Premium:
  1. If I download the listen.pls file from the front page of the site and use it in VLC, will I get the 256kb-capable stream or can I only receive 256k shows from the front page? I love using VLC for interweb radio, for too many reasons.
  2. How's the idea of HQ Rewind looking? I catch 95% of my ER shows on Rewind so HQ there would make me very happy.

Anyway, good luck for Milestone 3. I couldn't neglect my chance to help out.
Last Edit: 8 years, 7 months ago by Bubbus.

Re: Questions for MrB and Diaego 8 years, 7 months ago #2029

• MrBlades
  • Management Team
Hey Bubbus,

Thanks for signing up!

1. Technically you could but at the moment but we'd rather you didn't. There is an issue with security for non direct connections and very soon things will change which will make it impossible to connect in this manner without a authenticated log in. This is to prevent unauthorised usage.

2. It's looking very well. If we get out bandwidth upgrade at the end of this month (fingers crossed we get enough Premium signups to make it happen) one of the first things we'll be rolling out is 256 Rewind.
MrBlades
Director
EVE-Radio.com

Re: Questions for MrB and Diaego 8 years, 7 months ago #2030

• Bubbus
  • Premium Supporter
Alrighty, cheers for the quick answers! I'll keep my fingers crossed and spread the good word.

Re: Questions for MrB and Diaego 8 years, 6 months ago #2050

• space_gator
  • Premium Supporter
I've joined the premium support membership and do have access to the premium services, but still shown as a regular member?

Re: Questions for MrB and Diaego 8 years, 6 months ago #2051

• Diaego
  • Management Team
Hi space_gator,

Thanks for signing up for a Premium Supporter subscription - great to have you with us!

If you are talking about your forum icon, then this has now been sorted for you. This is currently a manual process, so it can take up to 24 hours for it to show up. Apologies for the delay!
Ross / "Diaego"
Founder
EVE-Radio.com

Re: Questions for MrB and Diaego 8 years, 6 months ago #2052

• space_gator
  • Premium Supporter
That was quick, many thanks! o/

Re: Questions for MrB and Diaego 8 years, 6 months ago #2053

• Diaego
  • Management Team
Most welcome!

Any further problems, just let us know. You can either post here, or for a faster response, raise a ticket in our dedicated support area at eve-radio.com/support

We hope you enjoy your subscription!
Ross / "Diaego"
Founder
EVE-Radio.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: space_gator
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds