Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Plea to change some of "Tuesday's" lineup
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Plea to change some of "Tuesday's" lineup

Plea to change some of "Tuesday's" lineup 8 years, 1 month ago #2277

• Pkear
Since we are somewhat covered with reliable DJs on Tuesday and there is no lack of good music on that day I propose if Duney is willing that his show be moved earlier. I mean come on we all love his show however I know his numbers drop as the evening/night progresses due to folks heading to bed on his/this side of the world and not getting up yet on the other. Give him a 4hr block during US prime time!

Re: Plea to change some of "Tuesday's" lineup 8 years, 1 month ago #2278

• MrBlades
  • Management Team
It's not as easy as that I'm afraid and you have to consider a number of different factors. Firstly, the DJ's personal schedule needs to meet the needs of whatever slot is available. Then you have to consider the slot needs and look at the listener curve against the seasonal curve.

Doing that we can work out what works, what doesn't and compare it against seasonal averages based on DJ, genre and slots before and after the one in question.

I forget the main point but bottom line is we try and match people up as sensibly as possible based on facts and historical data.

That said, things do change seasonally around here and we're pretty much at the end of the summer drought season now heading into winter so expect some shuffling around very soon.
MrBlades
Director
EVE-Radio.com

Re: Plea to change some of "Tuesday's" lineup 8 years, 1 month ago #2279

• Pkear
Blades I have one question which is better having like a day and a half with one DJ coming on so late folks are forced to tune out because it is after all Tuesday night in the US much less the folks asleep in Europe or actually Having a DJ on during a time when folks can listen. I mean come on with the exception of Duney's show it went from Markus to the Lotto show today. Now if Dunewolf himself needs the show during that slot then nothing can be done but if not I think some adjustments need made regardless of the research to allow for a live DJ when folks are listening. You must know as well as I do that there is competition including people's own playlists and once they get fed up with there never being a DJ on they will seek entertainment elsewhere.

You say there are changes coming and I have heard of a few of them but perhaps they need to be made sooner rather than later.

Re: Plea to change some of "Tuesday's" lineup 8 years, 1 month ago #2280

• MrBlades
  • Management Team
What is best is to have suitable DJ's filling the slot that are empty. At this time of year at the end of the typically dead summer season there is always a shortage of DJ's. This will pick up as we move towards Christmas as it always does.

Lack of DJ's at certain times of the year is business as usual for us and if the schedule looks more empty than usual, it's also because we added 2 new slots a day not far back which exagerates the empty perception somewhat.

We con't just throw people into slots will nilly. It doesn't work when that happens so we don't do it. People can do covers of JB when they want to. Sadly, DJ's are a lethargic bunch at the best of times and at this time of the year it's a struggle to get them to do their own scheduled shows let alone picking up others.

That's why we've been working on a slightly more clever JB system for the last 9 or so months. Hopefully by the end of this month it'll be ready to work and JB won't be such a terrible thing.
MrBlades
Director
EVE-Radio.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds