Username Password: Remember me

Eve News?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Eve News?

Eve News? 8 years, 4 months ago #2130

• Wolfrages
  • Premium Supporter
ok, i know that every morning around 0730-0800 EVERY radio station gives the traffic and weather reports of the day. it got me thinking...why don't we have news reports going for this radio station?

maybe try and get a guy from eve news24 to start a weekly report for eve radio?
might be able to fill a half hour slot with this ^,^

if it kicks off and is popular maybe you guys can get a guy to do it every day for us!

PS: Picture the guy from the movie pirate radio. the guy that does the news LOL
Last Edit: 8 years, 4 months ago by Wolfrages.

Re: Eve News? 8 years, 4 months ago #2131

• Tennums
  • Premium Supporter
Yeah I think that's a very good idea

Re: Eve News? 8 years, 4 months ago #2135

• MrBlades
  • Management Team
It's a very good idea and one we've tried to get up and running on and off for around 8 years now. Sad reality is, it's a massive time commitment to gather the news, keep it updated and current and distribute it to people and/or insert it into the JB stream on a regular basis.

A news roundup program is much easier to do but also requires a lot of time to prepare and produce. So far, we haven't been able to find anyone that can commit to doing this as often as would be neccesary.

However, it's a new age we find ourselves in now and with great power comes great ambition. We'll do this - maybe not immediately - but we will do something worthy of the new era as soon as possible.
MrBlades
Director
EVE-Radio.com

Re: Eve News? 8 years, 4 months ago #2138

• Wolfrages
  • Premium Supporter
reason i had suggested eve news 24 to help with this. they already have the news/events and rumors. all they need to do is come on and say it.

maybe fly it past the guy running eve news and tell him he will get the access to tell the world wide web though voice not only text

am sure he will see the benefits to help his site become more popular too.

come on blades. go ass kiss for the good of the the eve radio news time!
Last Edit: 8 years, 4 months ago by Wolfrages.

Re: Eve News? 8 years, 4 months ago #2142

• MrBlades
  • Management Team
Yeah I don't do ass kissing, people come to kiss my ass. That's why I always keep it nicely polished and gleaming.

Anyway, I'm not sure EN24 would be suitable as they are more into hard journalism. What I mean is, they don't pull any punches with their written content (which is perfectly fine of course) whereas we are more about entertainment and outright promotion of the game and community and don't go out of our way to sensationalise controversial subject material.

That doesn't mean we don't want to deal with sensitive subjects (I think the series of live Dissecting CCP shows are a fair example of that) but we also don't want to give people the impression we're CCP bashing which (rightly or wrongly) EN24 does.

Basically, En24's style of no holds barred reporting is great and works for them but is likely to conflict with our MO somewhat. You'll notice this is why our written news items are either from us direct or come through CCP and no other sources.

We deal with fun in game stuff, not out of game corporate politics and witch hunting.
MrBlades
Director
EVE-Radio.com

Re: Eve News? 8 years, 4 months ago #2144

• Wolfrages
  • Premium Supporter
sorry 'bout that. guess i skip over the bashed ccp skin on there site then

If En24 do that then yes, I would have to agree with you on that. They wouldn't make very good PR reporters...

hmmm. yea i guess the only option is to find some one who is willing to be brave enough to bring us NEWS! lol
The following user(s) said Thank You: MrBlades

Re: Eve News? 8 years, 4 months ago #2147

• MrBlades
  • Management Team
Like I said, it's a new age and we got new toys and potential so I dare say we'll sort something out soonish.
MrBlades
Director
EVE-Radio.com

Re: Eve News? 8 years, 4 months ago #2156

• Arydanika
Eve News is also covered on Tuesdays @ 16:00 GMT when Voices from the Void airs. Section Two of the podcast is all about the current happenings in Null Sec as well as Community News involving CSM and CCP.

If you miss Voices from the Void on Tuesday, you can catch the podcast anytime on the website or on iTunes. This weeks episode featuring White Tree as special co-host can be found here.

There's in a mini News Only version of the podcast. It's called Section Two: The News and can be found on YouTube. This weeks episode can be found .

Hope that helps!

Re: Eve News? 8 years, 4 months ago #2160

• Wolfrages
  • Premium Supporter
so Voices from the Void is a talk show or somthin?

cause i was more leaning on a pure news thing for a half hour every week/3days or everyday.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.17 seconds
EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. CCP hf. has granted permission to Eve-Radio to use EVE Online and associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, Eve-Radio. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.