Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

In Game Jukebox
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: In Game Jukebox

In Game Jukebox 7 years, 2 months ago #2651

• Slothy
Anyway that anyone knows of to stream Eve Radio via the above mentioned Item...or is that a lets harrass CCP "to make it so" (to paraphrase some trekky wimp)?

Re: In Game Jukebox 7 years, 2 months ago #2652

If CCP allowed Eve-Radio to be streamed using the jukebox, I think they would feel obligated to stream all other Eve related stations and everyone that wants to throw up a stream into it.

What would you do? Stream them all or just don't stream anything into the jukebox?

Just my thoughts.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Slothy

Re: In Game Jukebox 7 years, 2 months ago #2654

• Slothy
I think you possibly misunderstand what Im saying. Not have Eve radio streamed as part of Eve but an option for the user to input a url/stream address into the Jukebox. Like Winamp or the myriad of other media players out there. Jumpgate had a system where you could play internet content in game. To direct stream as part of the game would be a very efficent bandwidth killer. As you say all other eve related sites would want theirs streamed. But I do thank you for your input...it showed I wasnt thinking correctly when I made my original post.

Re: In Game Jukebox 7 years, 2 months ago #2655

• MrBlades
  • Management Team
CCP won't do this due to the codec licensing costs involved in allowing players to manually input a stream url into the in game jukebox. This was the explanation we were given back in 2003 when the idea was first put to them.
MrBlades
Director
EVE-Radio.com
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.16 seconds
EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. CCP hf. has granted permission to Eve-Radio to use EVE Online and associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, Eve-Radio. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.