Saturday Dec 14
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Great Idea

Great Idea 8 years, 6 months ago #412

• Ryan Easte
  • Premium Supporter
Just want to give props for the premium membership idea. The exchange rate can be crazy here at best of times and its hard to hit donate every month, so at least this way i can commit to a very fair amount every month and share the love, hope it takes off!,

save the animals?... lol.. oh wait, i am.

Re: Great Idea 8 years, 6 months ago #413

• Diaego
  • Management Team
Thank you for the feedback!

We've worked hard on this service and we hope you enjoy it. Soon, some shows you'll be able to watch in video too. As a Premium subscriber, you'll be able to watch in High Definition!

We hope, through this model, we can scrap donations altogether. Donations are great and they do help to pay our bills. Unfortunately they don't cover everything, so by launching this service, it will allow us to invest more in the service. Once we reach 500 subscribers, we'll be upgrading our main broadcasting server to a 1Gbps connection! We can't wait

Thanks for signing up - it means a lot to us!
Ross / "Diaego"
Founder
EVE-Radio.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ryan Easte

Re: Great Idea 8 years, 6 months ago #416

• BUSARIS
  • Premium Supporter
I would prefer to have isk /plex prizes as monthly prizes as i do not play other games or like steam other than that sounds a great idea will be signing up soon

Re: Great Idea 8 years, 6 months ago #420

• MrBlades
  • Management Team
We offer the Steam method of gifting someone as it's generally the most utilised and easy means for us to give stuff away to our supporters. While we wouldn't be looking to offer a variety of alternatives, there may be something we can do with GTC's. PLEX is another matter as this potentially puts us in conflict with CCP with regard to what could be interpreted as a cash for PLEX violation. Obviously neither would see it that way but we have to stick to the letter of the law (or EULA in this case) and keep things fully above board.

ISK on the other hand would never happen as that would be an out and out violation of the EULA.

Basically, in game items being offered as a prize to subscription users is a big no no.
MrBlades
Director
EVE-Radio.com
Last Edit: 8 years, 6 months ago by MrBlades.

Re: Great Idea 8 years, 5 months ago #605

• Linda Kays
  • Premium Supporter
I noticed a dev blog about the new system with an annual CCP fee to host stuff like taking donations to provide api support what-ever basicly what most of the site I use in eve do. Eve-radio I would suspect falling into this category too???
Now as I read that dev-blog plex donations migth be possible as long as the service you pay for is not of ingame marked value?
I'm not judge, but taking this issue up with CPP migth have merit, just thinking stuff like the christmas show and most of the things Funky bacon does seems to be hit hard by these rules? It's been quite awhile since I've noticed a big give away like in the days of old....
The sunday evening Lottery show is still there is it not?

Re: Great Idea 8 years, 5 months ago #1845

• Wolfrages
  • Premium Supporter
The whole HQ thing is great. but can you guys do a 96bit or 64bit stream too?

www.eve-radio.com/forum/12-technical-sup...838-eve-radio-mobile

128bit burns though bandwidth on phones pretty quick. Would you guys be able to put up a hybrid system to also do a dumbed down bandwidth that's friendly for cell networks?

I always lisson to eve-radio on my security patrols. but i went over my 500mbs last month cause of the bandwidth...

figured i could always ask. even if it goes no where
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ryan Easte

Re: Great Idea 8 years, 5 months ago #1864

• Ryan Easte
  • Premium Supporter
This is a really great idea, considering we are soo mobile now days

Re: Great Idea 8 years, 5 months ago #1876

Yep i would love a 64bit stream too so i could listen on my android phone, as i only have 500Mb per month and a 128 bit stream just eats it too fast!

Laterz Sim.

Re: Great Idea 8 years, 5 months ago #1881

• MrBlades
  • Management Team
Might have mentioned this before in another thread but we do have a lower bit rate stream for mobile users. At present it's being used and tested internally but will probably be made available for all in early July.
MrBlades
Director
EVE-Radio.com

Re: Great Idea 8 years, 5 months ago #1938

• Gallell
  • Premium Supporter
Two Q's:

1: When I am a premium sub, will I be able to get HQ and prio access when I listen through my mobile phone or iTunes/WinAmp?

2: ER-Rewind, will this be accessible through mobiles (maybe through your own little cute app)?

Hugs and kisses
G

Re: Great Idea 8 years, 5 months ago #1939

• MrBlades
  • Management Team
Currently everything is designed to run through the website although we are developing things which will allow third party apps to work with certain features.
MrBlades
Director
EVE-Radio.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gallell

Re: Great Idea 8 years, 5 months ago #1956

Linda Kays wrote:
I noticed a dev blog about the new system with an annual CCP fee to host stuff like taking donations to provide api support what-ever basicly what most of the site I use in eve do. Eve-radio I would suspect falling into this category too???
Now as I read that dev-blog plex donations migth be possible as long as the service you pay for is not of ingame marked value?
I'm not judge, but taking this issue up with CPP migth have merit, just thinking stuff like the christmas show and most of the things Funky bacon does seems to be hit hard by these rules? It's been quite awhile since I've noticed a big give away like in the days of old....
The sunday evening Lottery show is still there is it not?

The following quote has been lifted from: http://www.eveonline.com/devblog.asp?a=blog&bid=931
CCP Zulu wrote:
: "This really comes down to the third party monetization blog that was written. What is going on is that we as a company saw the need, and this is coming from all third party developers, that they want to make some money or have the option to charge ISK for services that they are providing to the community. In order to do this they are using CCP services and information through the API to build tools which funnel that out to players. This is great.

It appears to more explicitly geared towards the API call than to something like the Radio so i don't think it would be covered by this and therefore be covered by the more generic EULA and therefore isk - real money trading issue. Regardless Steam prizes are pretty cool except for the fact it suggests i would play something other than Eve, oh or minecraft...
Last Edit: 8 years, 5 months ago by Elrian Silverblade.

Re: Great Idea 8 years, 5 months ago #1966

• Wolfrages
  • Premium Supporter
any news on that mobile feed?

BTW i work security at a distribution plant. one of our regular drivers heard "I just had sex by akon" (it was 2 in the morning lol ) on your radio station as it was coming out of my phone..he asked what radio station it was?! ..i told him it was eve radio! a online radio that isn't bound by the standard BS that today's radio stations are bound by....he loved it....he's always asking about it now lool \../ ^,^ \../

rock on ER!
Last Edit: 8 years, 5 months ago by Wolfrages.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.23 seconds
EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. CCP hf. has granted permission to Eve-Radio to use EVE Online and associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, Eve-Radio. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.