Alright i have a couple of Questions / Suggestions
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
  • Page:

TOPIC: Alright i have a couple of Questions / Suggestions

Alright i have a couple of Questions / Suggestions 8 years, 9 months ago #462

• Royalnaga
  • Premium Supporter
Alright hey guys thanks for taking the time to read this:

Are the rewinds recorded HQ if the shows support HQ?

And the suggestion:

Is there a fastforward button / rewind button going to be added to the recorded shows? (or that we can atleast fastforward stuff if we just want to hear something specific from the show).

Gr Royalnaga

Re: Alright i have a couple of Questions / Suggestions 8 years, 9 months ago #463

• Corrak
  • Premium Supporter
I'm not a ER staff member but I do know that because of copyright laws or regulations listeners are not allowed to go to a particular point in a recorded show. If they made that available it would cost them a fair bit more per month.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Royalnaga

Re: Alright i have a couple of Questions / Suggestions 8 years, 9 months ago #464

• Royalnaga
  • Premium Supporter
Alright i can understand the issue with that.

Re: Alright i have a couple of Questions / Suggestions 8 years, 9 months ago #465

• MrBlades
  • Management Team
Corrak speaks the truth although we are looking at introducing a system that will allow you to skip forward or back in 15 minute increments throughout the show. As for HQ rewinds, we are discussing this internally as to whether or not it's something we can sustainably do alongside the regular rewinds. We'll keep you upto date on developments tho.
MrBlades
Director
EVE-Radio.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: Royalnaga

Re: Alright i have a couple of Questions / Suggestions 8 years, 9 months ago #604

• Lucius Tal
  • Premium Supporter
I live in Japan so EU "Prime Time" shows usually occur at around 5.00am here. As you can imagine most of my listening is through rewinds. Thats cool but it would be great if they were streamed in HQ when the original broadcast was HQ quality. Kind of makes an equal playing field for all Premium Supporters regardless of where you live

Re: Alright i have a couple of Questions / Suggestions 8 years, 9 months ago #608

• Linda Kays
  • Premium Supporter
Alrigth this seems as good a place as any to provide suggestions:

I'm lving in DK where we have "funny" ISP policies. I've noticed things going more and more mobile which I've longed for a few decades. Now in with the current tech I'm basicly able to access the indernet via my mobile. The cost of it is insane though...

You keep speaking for maybe providing HQ streaming 256 kb/s or so, acutally with my crappy audio systems on my mobile device less is more???
I don't get any benefit from hq as the device don't really support it, and as I pay pr. GB, I'd love a low Q serivce say 64 kb/s stream, maybe even less?
All I ask for is the fact that I can make out the words from the dj with little trouble.

While at it, could someone explain simply how the number works out in the grand scheme?
128kb/s for 3600 seconds would in my world be 460,8 MB's which is almost half a GB = monthly limits.
I have the stream running pretty muh 24/7 on a 64/64 kb/s line so I must be doing some calculation errors somewhere or there's something I fail to understand. Please explain

128 kb/s shows = 160 MB/ 4h or 11-12 kb/s give or take then. Considering DJSarge's 4 hours shows.God I love that mans intro tune, I used to skip lunch every friday to listen to it.
Last Edit: 8 years, 9 months ago by Linda Kays. Reason: New info available

Re: Alright i have a couple of Questions / Suggestions 8 years, 9 months ago #616

• SARGE
  • NOW ONLINE
  • EVE-Radio Staff
not quite true there fellow DK linda..

when i did 128 kbps streams, i uploaded around 160 mb pr show +/- a bit ..

just so you know.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Linda Kays
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.18 seconds
EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. CCP hf. has granted permission to Eve-Radio to use EVE Online and associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, Eve-Radio. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.