Saturday Jan 18
Welcome, Guest
Username Password: Remember me

Why I left Eve Radio
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Let us know what you want to see on EVE-Radio.com!
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why I left Eve Radio

Why I left Eve Radio 6 years, 4 months ago #2985

• Vhan
I recently read an email from Eve Radio that asked why I stopped listening.

I used to sit in the eve radio channel and chat frequently with folks there. I was a bit of a regular for a couple years.

Then I found turntable.fm... I like listening to consistent music that invokes the serene feeling of flying in the quiet of space, while I play Eve Online. I became a regular DJ on turntable in a chillout music channel.

The opportunity to listen to other people's music, hear something I'd never heard, and instantly be transported to spotify or amazon to get it is extremely appealing to me.

Later, I was surprised by the moderator's offer to join their staff and help keep the room on flow and on track.

It wasn't that I didn't like Eve Radio. I still do. I just happened across something that I liked better.

My suggestions:
1) Add more interactivity to song plays and see if you can partner with other music stores/outlets to give listeners links to music.
2) Possibly even add a DJ slot system like tt does. It's awesome!
3) I listened quite a while ago, so forgive me if this has been corrected. I'm an eve geek. I've been playing for over 10 years. I would have stuck more with eve radio, if there was a dedicated show that discussed eve strategies, eve current affairs/intrigue, and fun roams.

Thank you for being my station of choice for so long and onward to more podding!

Re: Why I left Eve Radio 6 years, 4 months ago #2987

I used to fly on eve radio space tunes a lot to

After DJ Ion left, and later when Squishie stopped playing, had a real hard time finding the right tunes to fly in space with.

Yes I did find another internet radio station, but recently found a few dj's on air (or rewind rather) to just fly on in space (thx TnT and others)

My point is we don't always get the DJ's or music or even a combination of the two for excellent space flying music.

And maybe EvE Radio should promote looking for this combiniation and advert it so that you can rewind it any time during the week.
Last Edit: 6 years, 4 months ago by Lemming Alpha1dash1. Reason: grammar

Re: Why I left Eve Radio 6 years, 4 months ago #2992

• Chalenna
I stopped listening to EVE radio for a very specific reason and consequently quit playing EVE for the same reason.

That reason being harassment by one of your DJ's and his rabid fan base. After that, EVE radio had no appeal what so ever. Why should I listen to or even bother supporting a station that allows its DJ's to harass its listeners because the DJ had no sense of humor.

I have no clue if the DJ is still with you guy's, I am assuming that he is, but until he is gone, you will not get a dime from me for support and quite frankly, you guy's can shove EVE radio where the sun don't shine.

You have a lot to change if you want people to support you and to listen but with iTunes, iHeartRadio and a lot of other way's people can get music to listen to that fit's their style, you are going to see a steady decline in listeners.

Fix your shit and maybe more people will start listening. Don't and well, enjoy the decline.
The following user(s) said Thank You: zenonymous

Re: Why I left Eve Radio 6 years, 4 months ago #2995

• Dracoform
Well, I tune in to EvE-Radio every now and then but what I hear most of the time is some weird dub-step ratatatatata and/or extreme aggression music and I switch off again - I like metal and that, mind.. but during those momeents of floating through space I don't need to feel like drinking 5 espressos in one go
Maybe it's a bad allocation for German TZ but... not my cup of tee, sorry
The following user(s) said Thank You: zenonymous

Re: Why I left Eve Radio 6 years, 4 months ago #2998

8 bit Super Mario Bros, about 30 seconds on a loop while some guys mumbled in half sentences about nothing worth remembering. I contributed for a premium membership, complained about the content, or lack thereof to a DJ, and was given a rather terse response that was exactly, [b]"I think, "if u no like, gtfo kthnxbai :3 "[\b] upon complaining that whatever garbage was being broadcast was the "worst talk show ever" and got an ^ from the next poster. I also received an email from another channel member present at the time that described their feelings with plenty of piss and vinegar and was told that complaints to GRN are largely ignored.

I enjoyed DJ Sam's show immensely. And I miss that show because nowhere else have I heard such a hand-picked variety of ProgRock than those shows. That was the example that should be followed...perhaps the music was not to everyone's taste, but as a fan of that incredibly obscure, complex music such as ProgRock is...I know digging up what was played took work. Finding what a group as diverse as EVE players likes to listen to is a monumental task. A good DJ gives you the opportunity to pick or pan what they play and responds not with insults when listeners take issue with their "work" and complain, but with changes in catalogue and format. DJs who refuse to adapt to the listeners...*shrug* will just drive listeners away to spend their donation dollars elsewhere...as I did. I did GTFO.

Re: Why I left Eve Radio 6 years, 4 months ago #3001

I was a premium supporter until today...

GNR Media deducted 3.99 from me 27th of August (maybe part of it is a PayPal fee).

actually I haven't been listening to EVE Radio for a while.

But after reading Blade's email from the 11th I logged in again today (to check if any DJ's I liked still DJed).

Today 18 days later from the 27th I am billed 3.99 pounds again.

My best advice to to people is : DON'T GIVE EVE RADIO MONEY... THEY WILL JUST CHARGE YOU WHENEVER THEY WANT TO!
no honesty there from my point of view.

Now I have to be mad about having been forced to cancel a card.

seriously F*** EVE Radio

Re: Why I left Eve Radio 6 years, 4 months ago #3003

• MrBlades
  • Management Team
Inara Black wrote:
I was a premium supporter until today...

GNR Media deducted 3.99 from me 27th of August (maybe part of it is a PayPal fee).

actually I haven't been listening to EVE Radio for a while.

But after reading Blade's email from the 11th I logged in again today (to check if any DJ's I liked still DJed).

Today 18 days later from the 27th I am billed 3.99 pounds again.

My best advice to to people is : DON'T GIVE EVE RADIO MONEY... THEY WILL JUST CHARGE YOU WHENEVER THEY WANT TO!
no honesty there from my point of view.

Now I have to be mad about having been forced to cancel a card.

seriously F*** EVE Radio

Yeah, that doesn't sound right. Raise a support ticket if this is actually happening and billing will sort it out. You would only get charged twice if you signed up twice on different usernames but we'll find out for sure when you report it through the support system.

I'll look forward to seeing your email shortly.
MrBlades
Director
EVE-Radio.com

Re: Why I left Eve Radio 6 years, 4 months ago #3004

• Diaego
  • Management Team
Inara Black

Firstly, I think you need to take a breath and calm down. You haven't even attempted to contact us to let us know there's a problem. It might surprise you to learn we're not mind readers.

Secondly, we don't actually handle the payment process ourselves. For security, all payments are handled by PayPal, not us. We have ZERO access to your card details and it's not possible for us to alter the charging details as this is all held and stored by PayPal. The only way you can get double charged is if you've signed up twice. If you had contacted us, we would have immediately refunded you and helped you out.

Thirdly, you were not double charged, your charge for August was declined so PayPal took the funds a week later. That is why you were charged again 18 days later (for the following months payment. Here are the records taken directly from PayPal:-

14 May 2013 Created Recurring Payment From ***
14 May 2013 Completed Recurring Payment From *** £2.99
19 Jun 2013 Completed Recurring Payment From *** £2.99
24 Aug 2013 Completed Recurring Payment From *** £2.99
14 Sep 2013 Completed Recurring Payment From *** £2.99

So as far as I can tell, you're complaining (and essentially accusing us of fraud) because we took payment 18 days after you had already paid. Except that was because your August payment was declined and therefore was taken later (but because we try to be nice, we kept your subscription running in good faith until we received payment).

As you'll see from the above payments, you have ONLY paid what was due and not a cent more (1 x £2.99 per month). And for the record, you're not being charged £3.99; we charge £2.99/month. I also note that you stated "I was a premium supporter until today" - however, you have not cancelled your account. To avoid any more incorrect accusations of fraud, I have taken the liberty of cancelling your account for you.

I trust this resolves the matter.
Ross / "Diaego"
Founder
EVE-Radio.com
Last Edit: 6 years, 4 months ago by Diaego.

Re: Why I left Eve Radio 6 years, 4 months ago #3005

I have not left Eve-radio

In fact I have stayed longer then I have ever stayed with previous stations. (mostly because those other stations failed and shutdown lol)

For those who quit because of a "single" or "couple DJs" while still saying they like other DJS.
Do understand - your quitting listening doesn't hurt that one, or couple dj.. it only hurts the DJs you would have regularly listened to and like. We have many DJs who play music at times that might be inconvenient for you, but we provide the REWIND system for just those people. Signing up for Premium user gives people 30 days of past shows of your favorite DJS.

So dont think of it as supporting Eve-radio, think of it as supporting your favorite DJs. because if the station "eve-radio" closes its doors - how will you hear your favorite DJ ever again? its not like a single DJ can just pop up a station with the equipment anywhere near as good as Eve-radio Provides us. Especially considering the costs that are behind it all. Not just bandwidth but also license fees, server hosting fee, server equipment, etc.

For the record, even if all your favorite DJs got together, pooled resources, I still dont think they could build as good a back-end/front-end as Eve-radio utilizes today.

Ok So being a Eve-radio DJ here for going past 6 years now, I have learned a few things I cannot please everyone, but I keep trying! lol I take criticism ok unless its hateful and full of vulgarities.. I might make a joke or too about the criticism but I only do it in jest not out of hate (unless they use hate and vulgarities) lol

But honestly I have fun no matter whats going on, except when I have technical issues on my end cause I hate technical difficulties!

So for anyone who hates x DJ, but loves Y DJ.. Donate to keep your favorite DJ on air! without your support, Us regular DJs wont be able to do shows anymore and it would suck...

Re: Why I left Eve Radio 6 years, 4 months ago #3009

Dear Diaego,

Thank you for your reply. And thank you for looking into this.

Oh well the card is cancelled.

I think what confuses me. Is your 'Automated' emails. "We hate to see yo go...".

I have no suggestion on how to improve things. But when 'you' ask "Please reconsider" I take it as our 'business relationship' is ended. That when PayPal tries to deduct money from an empty account my subscription is cancelled.

The problem here maybe PayPal's.. or some automated email script.

What freaked me out was that 2 minutes after I logged into ER I was texted from my bank that 3.99 pounds was deducted from my bank.I have them do that when my money goes abroad.I had trouble seeing that as a coincidence.

I will reconsider cancelling my subscription.

Again, thank you for your reply.

Yours Sincerely,

Re: Why I left Eve Radio 6 years, 4 months ago #3010

• Diaego
  • Management Team
Inara Black wrote:
Dear Diaego,

Thank you for your reply. And thank you for looking into this.

Oh well the card is cancelled.

I think what confuses me. Is your 'Automated' emails. "We hate to see yo go...".

I have no suggestion on how to improve things. But when 'you' ask "Please reconsider" I take it as our 'business relationship' is ended. That when PayPal tries to deduct money from an empty account my subscription is cancelled.

The problem here maybe PayPal's.. or some automated email script.

What freaked me out was that 2 minutes after I logged into ER I was texted from my bank that 3.99 pounds was deducted from my bank.I have them do that when my money goes abroad.I had trouble seeing that as a coincidence.

I will reconsider cancelling my subscription.

Again, thank you for your reply.

Yours Sincerely,

I won't pretend our subscription system is perfect. We don't receive anywhere near enough to hire full time developers, so we need to rely on commercial software and integrate that in to our existing systems. Because we don't store your credit card details, our system relies on PayPal sending a signal through to our web-site to confirm they have received your next months payment. If that signal doesn't arrive by your next billing date (in your case, the 14th), then the system assumes the subscription may have been cancelled directly with PayPal. This triggers a "we're sorry to see you go" email, inviting you to email us and tell us why you decided to leave.

Feedback is really important to us, so we want to make sure we get in touch with people to find out why they cancelled - but we don't want to force this on people (i.e. making you contact us before you can cancel). So we felt the best way was an automatic email. Obviously, sometimes those e-mails are sent out when you haven't cancelled (in your case, for whatever reason, the payment did not go through). But, because payments are handled by PayPal, it will re-attempt to take that payment at a later date. If successful, it sends the signal through to our web-site which extends your subscription (even though you received an email that appears you cancelled).

As I said, we realise this isn't perfect and we have tried to add a bit of an explanation in the cancellation email for this reason ("you may be receiving this email because a payment failed"...). Though the trouble is, people don't tend to read 'automated' emails these days, so they miss the explanation.

We are completely honest and transparent at EVE-Radio. Whenever someone raises a support ticket, we always try and reply within 24 hours and we always give the benefit of the doubt. We never hide behind the terms and conditions and we would rather refund someone than keep their money if they're not happy. It is disappointing to us when someone shouts fraud because it seriously damages our reputation and discourages people form providing us with their much needed support. We would never, ever be involved in anything like that and I'm sure our hundreds of existing Premium Supporters would vouch for that.
Ross / "Diaego"
Founder
EVE-Radio.com
Last Edit: 6 years, 4 months ago by Diaego.

Re: Why I left Eve Radio 6 years, 4 months ago #3012

I've been listening to eve radio for almost six months now, even though I stopped playing eve (lack of funds) a couple of months ago. The main thing I want to say is I wish I found you earlier. I really enjoy almost all of the shows that are on and when I don't like the show I just go on premium rewind and select a show that I do like that I did not hear due to various reasons eg school.

I really enjoy what all of the DJ's work hard to present on eve radio and just want to say thank you for stopping me from listening to nothing for the past six months and for the foreseeable future as I take my exams.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.28 seconds
EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. CCP hf. has granted permission to Eve-Radio to use EVE Online and associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, Eve-Radio. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.